Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Lists

Isn't there just something so satisfying about them?

As we prepare for our first Thanksgiving away from home, I've been making lists of all the things we need to buy/make for 'the big day'.


Don't be fooled though...I haven't actually gone shopping yet. I just checked off the items on that list while making ANOTHER list. That's right--a list within a list. That's Inception if I've ever seen it.

Here's what we plan to make for Thanksgiving Week:
-Monday [work potluck]: 
A Speed Family classic--Pumpkin Pie with a Walnut Streusal topping.

-Thanksgiving: 
1. A classic Pumpkin Pie
2. Pecan Bars (a Riojas family recipe)
3. Either Sopapilla Cheesecake or Chocolate Chip Pound Cake, for those pie/pecan haters out there
4. Scalloped Potatoes (this is Thomas' job)

I'm interested to see how this 'cooking a ton of food at once' thing goes. We do only have one oven, and it's kind of iffy on the whole cooking thing. Like, sometimes it doesn't work. Thankfully we also have a convection toaster oven that can hold a 12 inch pizza, so we can shove a couple pies in there. Also, since I'm only off Thursday and Friday, I'll probably stay up all night Wednesday flinging crust and chopping nuts. Not really. But it was fun to imagine, yes?

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll be back with pictures, stories, and recipes over the course of the next week.

Oh. And, Charlotte says bye.


-Kinsey

No comments:

Post a Comment