Saturday, November 5, 2011

Strawberry Fields Forever

Hey there!

I'm blogging on a Saturday--check out how wild I am! This last week has been extra busy, so I wasn't able to finish up my favorite things series. I'll be working up a post on MY favorite things for Monday, but in the meantime, I wanted to update you guys on what's been keeping us busy (Note: I don't want this post to come off as braggadocious. It might, though. Fair warning.)

Monday: I dressed up as Bob Ross at work and won the Halloween costume contest! My job is awesome, so they give out great prizes--I won a $50 giftcard.
Thursday: Thomas had his first 'real' session! He thought it would be his first VO (voice over) record, but it turned out that it was his first entire recording/mixing project. He did really well and even ended up getting paid (BONUS!)

On my way to work Thursday morning, I checked my e-mail and discovered a message from the CEO letting everyone--including me--know that I had won Clicker of the Month (we're called 'clickers' at work, by the way). Last week also marked my 'one month of working' anniversary, so I was surprised and excited to be recognized as COTM. Now I get to park in the 'princess spot' near the front door of the office for the month instead of walking from the parking garage (double BONUS!)

Friday: Midday, a couple of guys came up to my desk with a big box they said was 'for me'. You've probably already established that my job is pretty laid back/cool/different (I mean, we drink beer on Friday afternoons), but to me this big box labeled SHERI'S BERRIES seemed suspiciously like a prank for being Clicker of the Month. 

Nevertheless, I opened the box. I mean, what are you gonna do? It turned out to be from my Dad, congratulating me on the week's achievements--he sent me a dozen chocolate dipped strawberries (decorated for fall!) and 3 mini cheesecakes! It was an awesome gift and everyone at the office gathered around while I opened it. Lots of people even took pictures because the berries are so pretty. It was a really fun surprise and a great way to make Friday even more fun.

Over lunch some girls and I headed to a local restaurant called Souper Jenny. They have a different menu every day, and everything is made fresh. There are great options for vegetarians, vegans, and gluten frees (gluten free people, that is). It's amazing.


I had the Chicken Tortilla soup. A bowl is $6, but it's a big ol' bowl and I even had leftovers.

Finally, last night night was our quarterly departmental celebration! After work, we all headed to Midtown Tavern for some dinner, drinks, and karaoke. 

Chicken tenders and homemade Honey Mustard--that's my jam.

I didn't karaoke, but I did watch other people and sing along from the table. A good time was had by all, and I'm currently recovering lounging on the couch.

Tomorrow there's a documentary coming on MSNBC at 10:00 (9:00 pm central) that Thomas helped with at work. He wants to be clear that he didn't do 'a lot' on it, but you should all watch anyway because it will be interesting and it's his first anything on TV!

 Here's a picture of Thomas kissing a churro, just for funzies.

I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!

-T, K, J, & C

No comments:

Post a Comment