Friday, October 21, 2011

Fogo de Chawesome!

Hey there!

I'm sad and embarrassed to admit that I think I've become that blogger. It's been a big pet peeve of mine for some time (since I started reading blogs) to read a blog whose author never updates. Unfortunately, things have picked up exponentially around here and I went from working zero hours a week to working 40 (and spending around 5 in the car).

I've definitely been enjoying my new job, but needless to say, it's an adjustment to go from spending all my time at home with Jack and Charlotte to working all day every day. I don't know how people find the time to do things at home like clean, or...sleep. Haha. But I feel happy, and productive, and like a REAL GROWNUP. I'm willing to bet most of that can be attributed to my daily cup(s) of coffee;]

In other news, Thomas and I decided to 'save money' by leaving our heater off last night. I woke up this morning to a house that was a brisk 57 DEGREES. But that's neither here nor there...

Earlier this week, a bunch of people from work went to Fogo for dinner. I had never heard of Fogo, before moving to Atlanta and I must say, it's quite the experience. It's pretty pricey at $48.50 per person, but it's an all you can eat Brazilian steakhouse and salad bar that most meat lovers agree is totally worth it. 

Here's how Fogo works: every person has a two sided card with "yes" on one side and "no" on the other. Whenever you're ready to eat, you flip your card to "yes" and gaucho chefs come by with skewers of meat that they slice for you at your table. There are over 15 cuts of meat to choose from--ribs, filet, rib eye, top sirloin--SO many choices. They're also cooked to your taste, so everyone ends up happy. It's a completely unique experience, and definitely worth doing at least once in your lifetime. Read more about it here.

I'm pretty sad that I took only a few pictures, but here they are anyway:
 A signature Brazilian drink, the signature caipirinha. Get one if you have they chance. Worth it.

This is a pork rib. And somehow it's the only picture of meat that I got. Pretty pitiful.

Finally, I had the papaya cream for dessert. Yum!

Cool, unique places like Fogo really remind us that we're living in a city, and it's awesome that we're finally making friends and visiting cool places. Life is starting to become normal, and we're actually getting to the point where we feel like we weren't crazy for moving half way across the country. Let me tell you, it's been a long time coming.

I'll wrap up with some pictures of Jack doing cute stuff to tide you over until next time I post (which will be the big Halloween costume reveal). I promise I'll be back soon!
 He looked cold and sad laying on the floor at my feet, so I put him in a kitchen chair.  Babydog.
He seriously sleeps this way. I'm telling you, I cant't make this stuff up.

Happy Friday everyone!

-Kinsey

P.S. I'm so used to answering help desk questions at work that I almost ended this post "Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any other questions" out of sheer habit. I.AM.AWESOME.

2 comments:

  1. There's a restaurant here in Provo that's like that, but it's only $17 bucks a pop. "Only". It's really tasty, so that Fogo place must be off the (proverbial) chain.
    -Jaymes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Fogo is a really guy friendly place, because there is no way I could ever eat $50 (or even $17) worth of meat in one sitting. Thomas, however, could probably eat $100.

    ReplyDelete