Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T do you know what that means?!

Today I became an independent woman. Basically, Thomas went to work. This is the longest we've been apart since we got married I think, which is kind of ridiculous but also kind of awesome. So, he left for work this morning at like 8:30. While I stayed asleep:] Except that at around 9:30, someone started profusely banging on the door. It was the paint guy! Who apparently didn't realize that for the last week, we've been leaving the back door open for them in the morning so they can get in without bothering us. But hey, I was awake.

So I began the day (aka sat down on the couch to surf the Interweb) and immediately noticed that the AC was again not working. Gah. I was fully prepared to sit there with two fans pointing at me allll day long, but Thomas decided he should call and explain to me how to fix it. Shocker: I actually fixed it by myself. It was pretty easy, and it was the classic "ants in the contactor" once again. Those crazy ants.

After doing some little household chores, I decided to make a trip to the post office to pick up a registered letter from my parents that I missed the delivery on yesterday. We have a post office like a quarter mile from our house, so I was all "oh how convenient it's right on the way to Walmart!" Sike. I waited in line for 15 minutes only to discover that it was the wrong post office. My actual post office is of course about 5 miles away. How it makes sense that my post office isn't the one nearest me I still don't know, but alas. I headed towards the 'right' post office, and realized that Walmart was on the way to IT. So, I stopped in and did my shopping. 

Now, I know this might seem ridiculous, but I pretty much never ever shop alone. I've always either been with Thomas, my mom, or a friend. Today I stepped into the big girl world and did it all by myself! I made good time and then booked it over to the post office where I waited around 20 minutes for them to fetch my package. The climactic part is that my parents sent me tickets to see Death Cab for Cutie, one of my favorite bands since forever! I haven't seen any bands I know/liked live, so we're both SUPER excited to see them in August! Thanks mom and dad:]

And finally, today the back room got a lovely coat of Sage Bud. It looks so much better. It's pretty unbelievable. When I took these pictures, the paint was still wet, so you can see some of the long roller strokes. It already looks awesome though!

As a refresher, here's the color before.

And here's that same corner/window after.

 The light in this room is really bad, partially because of the time of day but mostly because it's at the back of the house. Tomorrow we're having a ceiling fan installed and we're going to add a lamp or two.

Here's the weird leaky ceiling before.

Rotten, nasty closet.
 Here's the nice new ceiling (leak free!)
 And now it's like a magical fairy land. The floor is still gross, but it'll be fixed soon!

Jack and Charlotte are the laziest. While I did all the work, they did this:
-T, K, J, & C

1 comment:

  1. Love the new painted back room-gonna be so nice, your guests may never want to leave(hint,hint).
    Happy INDEPENDENCE DAY to you! Now you can start raising me.....wait, maybe you already have!
    hugs
    mom

    ReplyDelete