Thursday, July 28, 2011

My parents are on the news as we speak...

Which is kind of cool. I'm actually streaming KLBK news in Lubbock in another window as I type. Thanks Internet! The pugs have even gotten some feature time (and of course, they look beautiful). If you'd like to watch, click here at 6:00 to live stream!

Today we went with our landlady Jeanie to choose flooring for the two back rooms, which is the final step in the process. There are actually guys here right now installing the ceiling fans and light fixture in the laundry room. We decided on basic carpet with grey-ish undertones for both rooms, and it's going to be put in at 10:00 a.m. tomorrow. We couldn't believe they had an opening so early, and they said it should only take 2 hours or so to finish. By this time tomorrow, we'll have the bed put up and no more stuff in the front room! We're so excited. It's been a long month, but it's almost over--and the house is way nicer now too!
Something else that we're super excited about is that we get to build a small fenced in yard for Jack, and we're getting a dog door that he can use part of the time while we're at work (which we BOTH eventually will be...ha). We've been measuring, calculating, and planning that project today, so there should be official word on that soon. This weekend, we Thomas may be building a fence:]

I'll also be photographing the newly/mostly finished rooms within the next week or so, and we're also planning to do some shopping (with giftcards of course) for a big mirror to cover the super cute (ugly) hole in our living room wall. There has been talk of using the left over Sage Bud paint from the back room to paint the dining room (the guys left an entire unopened can), so...perhaps. Finally, I'm considering re-upholstering a chair that was left here by the previous owners and using it in the guest room. I think I want it to be turquoise, but who knows. BIG PLANS people.

Here's a picture of the Lady Charlotte being sassy:
Good times, I tell you! 
-T, K, J, & C


p.s. We're totally breaking one of my personal rules and having breakfast for supper. I don't even know if I can handle the spontaneity of our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Excited for you guys! You make me laugh too, Kinsey!

    ReplyDelete